Main > Work > Christopher Mahan's Resume
Christopher Mahan's Resume
17809 Halsted St Unit 102 Northridge, CA 91325
Creative software engineer with 17 years of experience.
Strengths include building interactive web sites, reporting systems, database system, and automation. Extra care given to system usability, maintainability, and simplicity. Able to operate independently and provide high-availability software platforms in highly-regulated business environments.
- TFS, SQL, sqlite, Oracle, T-SQL, stored procedures, CTE, dynamic SQL
- Visual Studio 2012, IIS, Apache, nginx, XML-RPC, VPS, Cloud, API design
- SDLC, project management, dev and user documentation, deployment automation
- Agile (shortening the feedback loop, altering process to fit the need, people over process)
- Interaction with stakeholders, research, analysis, business-value orientation
Bank of America (Calabasas, CA)
Assistant Vice President, Quantitative Operations Associate, 2010-Present
- Design of Excel reports for subprime repurchase pool management. Extensive use of automation, including custom macros and pivot tables
- Extensive use of T-SQL, including stored procedures, dynamic SQL, pivot, CTE, recursion, cursors. Dynamic Management views and functions, etc.
- Reporting scheduling automation, process dependency management
- Data transformation, validation, integrity assurance, including development of automated data integrity validation systems.
- Creation of web-stack team tools for data discovery and graphing of
relationships, documentation (Python, Graphviz, ReportLab, Sphinx)
- Created desktop .NET application to provide hybrid desktop
and web environment for team tools, reports, and other systems.
- MDI forms and built-in HTTP server with IE9 control
- Validating HTML5, CSS3, Ajax, jQuery, jflot (Firefox Firebug)
- Fine grained permissions with administrative UI
- Over 4,000 users over 4-year period, with over 1,000 monthly unique active users for most of 2014. Supports users across US, Europe, and Asia
- One-click deployment, automatic updates to users, including provisioning of alternate installation locations
- Modular design and common api to allow other developers to write and maintain applications
- Tools include report access tool for over 400 reports, real-time reports for underwriters, time tracking for KPI reporting, claim workflow allocation with self-adjusting prioritization algorithm, query abstraction layer UI, SQL Server monitoring
- Includes full suite for reporting all activity and error logs to developer work queues.
- Analysis of requirements, chair meetings with internal clients to capture requirements, provide updates on progress, and coordinate UAT; deployment, lifetime 24x7 production support, decommission.
- Project managament functions: task identification, prioritization, distribution, follow-up to conclusion.
- Custom apps to visualize task progress and dependencies.
- Database design, normalization, denormalization, indexing, query optimization,
- Support for multiple data environments, windows impersonation for DB and fileshare access.
- Administrative functions for team SharePoint (group management, sub-sites, wiki-pages). Use of SharePoint API through .Net
- Background task management systems, desktops-as-servers monitoring systems (Python 3.4) with alerts to pagers and smartphones for 24x7 support
- Full understanding of Representation and Warranties aims and roles in resolution of financial liability exposure risk reduction through claim-level processing, settlements, and litigation efforts.
- Extensive knowledge of the data, processes, personnel roles, and management measurement metrics of the claims resolution teams. Creation and support of
systems to enhance associate efficiency, management insight, regulatory compliance, and develop superior platform for future systems.
- Provided technical support to members of the team in use of TFS, VS2010, and a variety of other matters.
Health Net (Woodland Hills, CA)
Programmer Analyst 2004 - 2009
- Designed and built custom application framework in ASP Classic with granular role-based security, database connection wrappers, user-dependent menu, database-persisted session and key-value store. Used as security and UI framework for nine applications that were unsecured and standalone before.
- Built web-based hospital utilization reports.
- Designed and built Appeals and Grievances reporting system with data filters, date-range selection, and compliance calculation. Metadata in MSSQL2000, user data in read-only Oracle 9 data warehouse.
- Wrote a suite of Python scripts to automate deployment to test and production servers; to monitor, maintain uptime and availability on Solaris 9, integration with XML-RPC for preemptive reporting cache optimization. This reduced on-demand page generation time to meet SLA.
- Debugging and additions to provider system maintenance. C# .NET.
- Documentation and maintenance of Provider Credentialing application. FoxPro v8.
Imperial Capital Bank, (Encino, CA)
DBA/Analyst Programmer 1999-2003
- Database administration (Access 97, 2000, MSSQL 2000); application development (XHTML+CSS+ASP+ADO on intranet, Access97 and 2000); systems design, evaluation, development, documentation (loan operations, audit reporting, user management); script automation (VBScript, Python, XML-RPC); user password/groups management Win/Exchange; Win2K Server+IIS setup/admin/backup + Active Directory.
- Loan databases with customized intranet reports and csv exports to Excel. Residential loan portfolio analysis (1000+ loans, $120M+) with gap, delinquency, roll rates, CRA, FHLB reporting. Reports on credit rating average falling at or near loan payment repricing due to more creditworthy borrowers refinancing away from the pool prompted executive management to sell the entire loan pool.
- Designed and implemented a web-based replacement for legacy applications in security, invoicing, HR, production, management real-time reporting, etc. Crystal Reports.
- Custom system for ASP-based authentication, session-maintenance, granular security, and access login. PGP, AES encryption, MD5 and SHA. SSH and telnet server administration. Scripted and command-line FTP. Samba, PostgreSQL, Apache 2.0, Python, PHP. Setup LAMP server on DMZ for special 4-month project to automatically report on software deployed on company computers.
Consulting & Activities
- Enhancements to multi-CDN front-end system, both client and admin areas, with Python, PHP, MySQL
- Integration with third-party APIs via SOAP, REST, XML-RPC, such as paypal.com, encoding.com, heywatch.com, edgecast.com
- Development of API for video loading, encoding, deployment to CDN and playlist creation, specifically for iPhone HTTP Streaming (m3u8)
- Server setup and maintenance. Windows 2000, 2003, Linux. Automated cloud deployment (Rackcloudspace, python fabric, Apache libcloud)
- Web-based reporting application for loan process queue management, online loan-pricing, excel pivot tables for loan officer commissions. Mailings with MS Word, Python, MSSQL
- Server migration and maintenance automation with Python. Firewall and network configuration: Cisco, SonicWall.
- Developed and maintain kissws.com for development use, including service logging, queues.
- Cloud sevices consultation, S3, CloudFront, rackspacecloud, encoding.com api
- Member of Southern California Python user group. Presented several times.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (business option) from California State University, Northridge.
Last updated January 27, 2015.